Saturday 14 June 2014

Monochrome Horse

Evening!

I just realised it's been 5 days.....so I better blog hadn't i.

This is another tv sample from the beginning of the month...

I used

Wooden Horse

Trojan Horse

ATC postage stamp

Paradise stamp

 

I really loved this except for one thing, I don't like how the grey colouring in looks patchy, I think I've pretty much made my mind up that I don't really like distress markers that much, sorry Mr Holtz I love everything else in the distress range.

Hope you like it!

It's been a busy day at Catterick and I'm tired now, so I'm off to read my book in bed.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Maria - I love this stamp (another one added to my ' must have' list!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria distress markers are water based so if you colour straight with them they will streak. if yo usea brush and some water you might get streaks out. i tend to paint with them rather than colour. for colouring i use promarkers or spectrum pencils xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, Im not new to the distress markers I did a training event with the distress markers in early 2013 as they were launched and learnt all about them, didn't like them much even then. I did use water with them on this piece but it still streaked and messed the fibres of the card because I had to overwork it. Yes I would also use my Promarkers normally but I had already stamped in Archival ink. I get a much nicer (and easier) effect painting with distress re-inkers, this is one of the reasons I don't like the pens, with exception of Picket Fence there is nothing they can do that I can't do better and easier with other distress products.

      Delete
  3. lovely Maria - a very cool idea and very effective

    ReplyDelete